Consignment at The Classic Equestrian
We are looking for your clean, well maintained, close contact saddles for our consignment section. We are currently not accepting dressage saddles. We will help you price your saddle to sell.
We charge a 25% commission on all saddles. When your saddle has been sold, the check is mailed to you 30 days after sale.
Consigned saddles are shown on our website, as well as displayed in the store. Please see the store for a copy of our consignment contract.
Second Hand Tack & Apparel
We are always looking for high quality show and schooling apparel, riding equipment and tack for hunters and jumpers. You will receive 70% of the selling price in store credit after your merchandise has sold.
Email us at email@example.com or call us to schedule an appointment to bring in your items.
All saddles are available for trial before purchase. To take a saddle out on trial, we will ask for a check or credit card to be in file. We do not charge your card or cash your check until confirmation of sale.
Our trials are 3 days unless otherwise there is a special arrangement made. Call us within 3 days if you decide to purchase the saddle or return the saddle to the store.
If we ship the saddle, the cost of shipping and insurance will be charged to your card at the time of shipping and is non-refundable. If you do not purchase the saddle, you are responsible for for delivering or shipping it, insured, back to us.
All saddles must be returned non the condition in which they left the store. If a saddle comes back damaged to the extent that we must reduce the selling price, your card will be charged for the amount of the price reduction.
You are responsible for anything that might happen to the saddle once it has left the store. We do not provide any warranties on the quality of the saddles we sell.
Please consider the following guidelines while trialing a used saddle:
- For saddles with limited or no stirrup rub marks, please cover your leathers in cellophane or stirrup leather "socks" to prevent future rubbing.
- You can ride in the consignment saddles with care. For all saddles, keep your rides short, and wear breeches, as jeans can leave marks on the saddles.
- Wear tall boots or half chaps with caution, as some have been known to bleed onto the saddles.
- Use a clean saddle pad each time you ride in the saddle
- If the saddle comes with a cover, please make sure it is covered when not in use.